Pokemon distribution events have become a regular fixture in our gaming calendar this year, as the promise of a brand new (and pretty exclusive) Pokemon never fails to encourage us to leave the house and step out blinking into the light on a trip to our local GAME store (who are we kidding, it's never sunny in England). As part of the Pokemon 20th celebrations, there's been a new, exclusive Pokemon available for download each month so far - and November's offering will be the slightly creepy looking Genesect.
Originally debuting in Pokemon Black and White, Genesect is a Paleozoic Pokemon, which essentially seems to mean he's incredibly old. Still, despite his geriatric age, Genesect is one bad mother flipper, with a gigantic cannon strapped to his back with which to wreak havoc.
The download version that'll be beaming its way to your 3DS comes ready amped at level 100, with the special ability Download, which will raise Genesect's attack or special attack, depending on whether your foe's defence or special defence is weaker, letting you deal even more damage.
In terms of moves, Genesect comes ready equipped with Techno Blast (Genesect's signature move), Magnet Bomb (a move which always hits), Solar Beam (which is always mega powerful), and Signal Beam (a bug type move). So without further ado, here's how you get it.
How to download Genesect on Pokemon X, Pokemon Y, Pokemon Omega Ruby and Pokemon Alpha Sapphire
You will need:
- A 3DS, 3DS XL, New 3DS, New 3DS XL or 2DS
- Access to the internet
- A copy of Pokemon Omega Ruby, Pokemon Alpha Sapphire, Pokemon X or Pokemon Y
- A download code from GAME.
On venturing into your local GAME store, all you'll need to do is find a member of staff to accost to bag yourself the all important code. There's no purchase necessary, and all you need do is ask, at which point they'll give you a code printed on a receipt. With the package secured, head onto your 3DS, boot up your compatible Pokemon game, and perform the following instructions:
- Select MYSTERY GIFT on the main menu.
- Choose RECEIVE GIFT, then press YES.
- Select GET WITH CODE, then YES, then YES again to connect to the internet.
- Enter your code, and watch as the magic happens.
- Next, load up your game and speak to the delivery girl, who'll be standing near the counter (we believe wearing a green jacket) in any Pokémon Center to receive your Genesect.
- Be sure to save your game, or your hard work will be for naught!
And that's your lot! While we don't have an official end date in sight, we imagine the distribution will be replaced by another as of the 1st December - so be (reasonably) quick! With Pokemon Sun and Moon out mid-November, it's certainly going to be a busy month for Pokemon trainers. For more on Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, check out our full review, while parents can learn all they need to know in our parent's guide.